We as humans have normally loved arrangement and decoration – be it anything. Be it creating or interiors of homes, we’ve always loved to offer the entire issue an orderly look and an intended beauty function. This ‘grooming’ nature of us also shows in the way we dress and present ourselves – the sense of fashion, to become suitable. Home decoration is no distinctive from decorating ourselves; only that we can bask inside the glory of our decoration function for some years to come. And depending on the financial limitations of an individual, home decor can be changed as and when one wants to!
– The Importance of Colors: Life without colors would be boring. Thankfully there is something more than just shades of black and white. We have always strived to introduce color even in our art and perhaps that is why we quickly moved on to color motion pictures and still photography! The in-home decor too, colors play a very important role. Depending on the natural and artificial lighting to be allowed in a place, color can enhance the whole effect or mar it!
– Shades: Again this being a part of colors, home decor is entirely dependent on colors. Based on the type of furniture you have and house layout, one can choose the color shade of their choice. For example, bedrooms need not have darker shades or garish overtones of bright colors because typically the bedroom is a place where we would rest and sleep. And anything disturbing that would not be acceptable!
– Proper Lighting: The amount of natural light that enters your home often plays a detrimental role in the whole decor. For example, if your living room gets much natural light, you can go for some darker shades that will only look enhanced in natural light.
– The Right Furniture: This is one of the important parts of decorating a home. More often than not, we fail to see how the right furniture design would determine the whole decor. If you have heavy, traditional furniture – you should go in for larger living space and colors with heavy, rich overtones. That should give you a feel of royalty. Modern home designs can opt for the minimalist look with such mod-furniture.
– A part of the Bigger Picture: How about having a piece of nature in your house? Plants, flowers, and small shrubs are the only home decor items that look good on any type of home design – be it ethnic or modern!
– Must-Have Home Decor Accessories: Lights, furniture, flooring, wood paneling, books, and gadgets – all are part of good home decor. The key is to place then in the right place so that nothing looks out of place and neither is anything messy. For the record, the living room could do better than looking just like a bachelor’s bedroom!